Bow Water & Land Trust
The Lands are comprised of 298.5 acres of farmland located approximately 6.4 kilometers west of the City of Calgary, along 1.6 kilometers of the Trans-Canada Highway – Canada’s longest national highway, adjacent to Calaway Park, a popular amusement park near the City of Calgary, Alberta. The Lands are located in Rocky View County, a municipal district located outside of the City of Calgary in a community known as Springbank. Like Calgary, Rocky View County has experienced significant residential growth and increases in retail and commercial development as Calgary has expanded. The Lands today are used for agricultural purposes and are presently unserviced, but provide strategic long-term development potential as the City of Calgary and the surrounding communities continue to grow.
The strategic location of the Lands offers important features that make it a candidate for future development. These features include, but may not be limited to, the following factors:
- Approximately 6.4 kilometers west of the City of Calgary, historically one of the fastest growing municipal regions in North America, with some of the highest per-capita incomes in Canada.
- Approximately 1.6 kilometers of Trans-Canada Highway (Highway #1) frontage, providing future developments a high-profile location along the busy Calgary – Banff traffic corridor, providing the site visibility to year-round tourist and commuter traffic. The Trans-Canada Highway is Canada’s longest national highways and links several provincial highways. In Alberta, the Trans-Canada Highway is the main east-west highway traversing southern Alberta and is designated a core route in Canada’s National Highway System. Traffic volume history from the Alberta Transportation Investment Strategies Branch indicate average traffic volumes passing the Lands at approximately 21,000 vehicles per day.
- Located immediately adjacent to Calaway Park, a seasonal amusement park that is a popular destination for locals and tourists, which also serves as a well-known geographic reference point for future development. Calaway Park is Western Canada’s largest outdoor family amusement park. Calaway Park draws an estimated 575,000 visitors each year during its operating season from May to October.
- Convenient to Range Road 33 and Trans-Canada Highway interchange, the first highway interchange west of Calgary to be designated to be upgraded by the Ministry of Transportation in Alberta to better serve the growth in population and commercial activity in the area.
- Approximately 0.8 kilometers from the Springbank Municipal Airport, a small regional airport administered by the Calgary Airport Authority and a location increasingly servicing Calgary’s growing fleet of private and corporate jets. The Springbank Airport was the 10th busiest airport in Canada in 2013 in terms of total aircraft movements.
- Approximately, 1.6 kilometers from the new residential development of Harmony Development, which is planned to have 3,500 homes or 10,000 residents, surrounding a newly constructed golf course designed by PGA golfer Phil Mickelson.
- Located within the community of Springbank are two of the five wealthiest communities in Calgary with a per capita income of $507,542 and $340,608, respectfully, according to a study conducted by Environics Analytics and referred to in the June 2013 issue of Canadian Business magazine.
- Located 6 kilometers from the Elbow River and 8.3 kilometers from the Bow River, the principal rivers of the Bow River Basin. The Pirmez Water Licence (and the New Water Licence once approved) draws from the Elbow River.
These features are important considerations in evaluating the ultimate development potential of the Lands. Because the Lands are presently unserviced and lack appropriate zoning and land use designations for appropriate development, our land development project plan is intended to serve as a development roadmap focusing attention on the activities believed to create the most value for investors.
If you are an investor and would like more information about our current offering, please contact Eric Hansen. Please note that this is not an offer or solicitation to buy or sell securities of any kind. Please refer to a Dealing Representative for information involving any investment, which is only available to qualified investors under applicable prospectus exemptions. Investments are not guaranteed or insured and the value of investments may fluctuate.
If you are a registered investment dealer or portfolio manager in Canada, we can provide a comprehensive due diligence package. For further information, please contact Eric Hansen.